Want to Illustrate a Majik Kids Story?
We are currently publishing 1-2 illustrated books per month, which means we need a lot of illustrators to bring these magical stories to life… on the pages of books!
So if you’re looking for purpose, projects, future passive income, or sharing your art with the world in one of our stories then please read the rest of this page carefully.
Fair Trade Publishing
As the first ever Fair-trade Publishing company, we pay our artists 50% of the revenue we generate from book and subscription sales. In January 2023, we are releasing the Majik Kids App – which will pay our authors, illustrators, musicians, meditation guides, producers and voice actors to bring their Majik to the kids!!
What to expect if you're a Majik Kids Illustrator
We’re looking for unique, talented and passionate illustrators to help bring our magical stories to life on the pages of our books. Come make magical worlds with us!
Every illustrator is paid the same.
$1000 advance + 25% of book sales + a % percentage of audio plays inside the Majik Kids app (coming 2023). We pay you quarterly.
A typical turnaround from when you sign our publishing contract to releasing the book is 5-6 months (which is about 2 years faster than traditional publishing companies).
How to Illustrate a Story
We want our illustrators to LOVE the stories they are making art for.
So if you want to be one of our Majik Kids Illustrators, here are the steps to take:
- Enter your name and email in the form below.
- We will email you every time we release a new story.
- If you love the story and are inspired to illustrate, design a book cover illustration and character designs.
- We will review all the submissions with the author and if your designs the right fit, you’re hired!
- Once the contracts are signed, we will pay you $750 immediately.
- Black and white sketches/outlines are due 30 days from signing the contract.
- Full colour first draft pages are due 60 days after signing the contract.
- Final illustrations are due 90 fays after signing the contract.
- Once the final illustrations are approved, we pay you an additional $250.
- After the book goes on sale, you will earn 25% of all sales revenue after publishing costs!
Become an Illustrator!
Frequently Asked Questions